Application for Employment
Please send completed employment application and resume to:
Iowa Western Community College
2700 College Rd. Box 4-C
Council Bluffs, IA 51503
For Professional Staff positions please include a minimum salary requirement in your cover letter. For all Faculty and Adjunct positions please include an IWCC Application, Cover Letter, Resume and Unofficial Transcripts.
Coordinator of Onboarding (Internal Only)
Manages onboarding activities and communication for new students in order to ensure a seamless and successful transition to college. Supervises a team of Enrollment Advisors who are responsible for providing academic and financial aid information to students.
Bachelor’s degree required.
- A minimum of three years of experience in student services at a post-secondary institution.
- Experience that demonstrates sensitivity to and an understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, ethnic, and disabled backgrounds of community college students.
- Experience that demonstrates a commitment to delivering first-rate service to and exceptional support for students on a daily basis.
- Experience facilitating orientation activities for first-time students.
- Experience that demonstrates a strong desire to work with a variety of people on a daily basis.
Skills and Abilities:
- Iowa Western’s Student Services Division fosters learning environments that engage and empower our students to grow and develop. All Student Services staff members must have the ability to excel in team and individual settings, multi-task, problem solve, manage their time, and maintain positive relationships with student, staff, and faculty while thriving in a fast pace environment.
- Ability to communicate to students in a clear and friendly manner.
- Ability to work with diverse populations.
- Ability to organize time and tasks; ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Iowa Western offers a wide array of competitive benefits, including medical and dental coverage, life insurance, retirement with generous matching, and paid time-off (including numerous holidays).
Requires prolonged sitting.
Work is routinely performed in an office environment.
open until filled