Application for Employment
Please send completed employment application and resume to:
Iowa Western Community College
2700 College Rd. Box 4-C
Council Bluffs, IA 51503
For Professional Staff positions please include a minimum salary requirement in your cover letter. For all Faculty and Adjunct positions please include an IWCC Application, Cover Letter, Resume and Unofficial Transcripts.
Director of Nursing
Education: Minimum of a Master’s degree in Nursing. Prefer doctorate in nursing or health education. Must have a current license as a registered nurse in Iowa or licensed in another state and recognized in Iowa pursuant to the nurse licensure compact contained in Iowa Code 152E.
Experience: Minimum of two years of clinical experience and two years of experience in nursing education. Prefer experience in a post-secondary nursing education program with appropriate leadership experience. Proficiency demonstrated in curriculum development and evaluation.
8AM-4:30PM Monday- Friday
The Director of the Nursing Programs is responsible to lead the nursing faculty in the design, implementation and evaluation of curriculum for the nursing programs in Council Bluffs, Clarinda and Education Centers. Efforts will reflect a student-focus with emphasis on continuous process improvement as measured by student success and achievement of program goals. The director will maintain close communication with the division dean.
Typical Physical Demands:
Depending on course delivery methodology:
Requires prolonged standing or sitting. Requires frequent bending, stooping or stretching. May require light lifting. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity. Requires ability to distinguish letters or symbols. Requires the use of office equipment such as micro-computers, calculator, telephone, faxes, and copiers.
Typical Working Conditions:
Work is routinely performed in a classroom/clinical environment. Frequent contact with internal and external customers is required. Additionally, online instructors are responsible for obtaining and maintaining reliable compatible computer hardware and software.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Report to the Dean of Health, Biological and Sports Sciences on a regular basis providing information regarding the department and other assigned responsibilities.
2. Function as a team member to promote, develop, and deliver quality educational programs and activities that are in the best interest of the students, the division, the College, and the College district.
3. Develop goals, objectives, activities, budgets, operational procedures and curricula in accordance with the Strategic Plan of the College and Iowa Code of Nursing.
4. Manage budgeting functions, procure and maintain equipment, facility cleanliness and maintenance, program planning, staff development, maintain advisory committees, schedule and evaluate programs and courses for the assigned departments.
5. Maintain cooperative working relationships and communications with the divisional leadership team and college staff.
6. Develop and maintain relationships with four-year postsecondary institutions, hospitals, and clinics to promote and support the nursing programs.
7. Lead nursing program faculty to design, implement and evaluate effectiveness of the curriculum and goals using predetermined program outcome goals reflecting current nursing research
8. Develop and recommend to the divisional dean course schedules and teaching assignments to promote equitable loads and efficient use of resources
9. Manage program expenditures to meet budgets in labor, supplies and travel
10. Recommend hiring, disciplinary actions, retention and/or termination of nursing faculty to the divisional dean
11. Evaluate job performance of program faculty with the approval of the division dean while providing measurable goals for improvement and/or growth.
12. Interface with the Student Services area to recruit outstanding students to the program while implementing appropriate strategies to maximize retention
13. Prepare, submit and store copies of annual and other required college, Iowa Board of nursing, state, national, and accrediting agency reports
14. Serve as a role-model for the nursing faculty to promote the program through participation and presentations to appropriate college, professional, and community organizations
15. Train and maintain faculty to be efficient in critical thinking and coordinated activities, including personal and environmental safety.
16. Coordinate optimal clinical experiences including various facilities, simulation studies and populations.
17. Actively recruit students to IWCC’s nursing program and implement strategies for student retention.
18. Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Knowledge and skill in educational theory and methodology including curricular design, development, implementation and evaluation.
Ability to organize and present various curriculum concepts to a wide range of students with varying backgrounds and abilities and adjust teaching techniques accordingly.
Assume responsibility; deal effectively with problems, and exercise independent judgment when making decisions.
Establish and maintain good working relationships with students, colleagues, staff, administrators and other contacts.
Possess strong human relations skills and the ability to effectively relate to diverse personalities.
Open Until Filled