Application for Employment
Please send completed employment application and resume to:
Iowa Western Community College
2700 College Rd. Box 4-C
Council Bluffs, IA 51503
For Professional Staff positions please include a minimum salary requirement in your
For all Faculty positions please include an official copy of transcripts.
Assistant Mens and Women's Golf Coach
Bachelor’s degree is required.
Experience coaching/playing in the sport, college level preferred. Experience recruiting college athletes preferred.
Assist Head Coach in all aspects of intercollegiate athletic program.
1. Organize, plan and supervise all practices.
2. Assist with recruitment of prospective student-athletes.
3. Collaborate with Head Coach team travel arrangements. Responsible for driving and team supervision while on college sponsored trips.
4. Assist Head Coach with record keeping and management of team and individual results. Responsible for reporting of team and individual results to appropriate organizations.
5. Assist with equipment maintenance and inventory.
6. Develop conditioning and weight training program that is appropriate for college level golfers.
7. Coordinate and plan home golf tournaments.
8. Assist with academic monitoring and academic advising.
9. Assist with public relations and promotion of golf program and collaborate with local schools and community members.
10. Perform other duties as assigned by the Head Coach and Athletic Director.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Must have a valid driver’s license and qualify for insurance to drive college vehicles. Must obtain CDL for driving college mini bus. Must be able to lift and operate sports and field related equipment.
Qualities needed for this position include excellent communication skills, both written and oral; ability to perform multiple tasks as assigned by the head coach and/or athletic director, maintaining appropriate priorities and meeting deadlines; ability to perform a variety of coaching functions, both on and off the field; ability to work with students, high school coaches, parents, and outside agencies; ability to understand and relate to other the basics of financial aid; ability to build team cohesiveness; ability to encourage student athletes to perform at their best on and off the field; and ability to work collaboratively with the head coach and athletic director; ability to work with large groups of individuals and one-on-one in an advising mode.
Open Until Filled