Application for Employment
Please send completed employment application and resume to:
Iowa Western Community College
2700 College Rd. Box 4-C
Council Bluffs, IA 51503
For Professional Staff positions please include a minimum salary requirement in your
For all Faculty positions please include an official copy of transcripts.
Required: Bachelor's Degree in Nursing plus two years of Medical/Surgical nursing practice. Current License in Iowa and/or Nebraska.
Preferred: Master’s Degree. Familiarity with state and national nursing education standards highly desirable.
Preferred: Teaching experience is preferred
Basic Function and Responsibility:
The instructor will be responsible for course instruction and classroom/ management. Other duties include, but are not limited to, teaching classroom and laboratory sessions, curriculum development/restructuring, committee assignments, student academic advising, student recruitment and responsibility for materials and supplies. Must meet Faculty Minimum Hiring Standards and adhere to college policies and procedures.
Typical Physical Demands:
Requires prolonged standing or sitting. Requires frequent bending, stooping or stretching. May require light lifting. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity. Requires ability to distinguish letters or symbols. Requires the use of office equipment such as computer terminals, telephone, faxes, and copiers. Requires walking long corridors at clinical sites.
Typical Working Conditions:
Work is routinely performed in a classroom/lab environment. Clinical experiences may be held at acute care, ambulatory care, community and/or long term care facilities. Frequent contact with internal and external customers is required.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
• Function as a team leader with other instructors to promote, develop, and deliver quality education programs that are in the best interest of the students and the college.
• Organize and teach classes, clinical experiences and the labs as assigned by the academic dean, meeting the contract minimum of on-campus hours per week.
• Conduct class meetings for the entire period scheduled and in a punctual manner.
• Contribute to the development of and measured compliance with course competencies for the program.
• Assist with the development and monitoring of the program budget.
• Assist with the development and revision of program curricula.
Assist with the effort to improve student success with active support for student learning.
• Assist with the recruitment and retention of students to the program.
• Initiate and pursue a professional growth plan; at a minimum, this plan must meet the guide lines for yearly in-service training.
• Maintain competency and knowledge of current research, practice, and trends in the nursing field.
• Advise students as assigned, refer students to other college resources as needed.
• Actively participate in college life and activities, including participation in campus committees.
• Maintain student enrollment, attendance, competency records, grades and other pertinent class and student records.
• Participate in departmental and college meetings as scheduled.
• Maintain up-to-date syllabi, using criteria established by the Dean, in all courses as assigned.
• Exhibit a positive and professional demeanor and attitude, contributing to a productive and growth oriented work environment
Open Until Filled