Application for Employment
Please send completed employment application and resume to:
Iowa Western Community College
2700 College Rd. Box 4-C
Council Bluffs, IA 51503
For Professional Staff positions please include a minimum salary requirement in your cover letter. For all Faculty and Adjunct positions please include an IWCC Application, Cover Letter, Resume and Unofficial Transcripts.
Bachelor’s degree required.
Experience in a customer-related field with the demonstrated ability to react to customers quickly, accurately, and congenially required. Experience or training that demonstrates strong communication skills (in person, on the phone, and via email) and strong organizational skills required. Must possess strong computer skills, particularly the ability to operate and understand a complex student information system and Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel, and Word. The ability to work as a contributing member of a high-energy Student Services team in a fast-paced environment is a must.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Must have good organizational and numerical skills. Must demonstrate effective communication skills with students, staff, and co-workers. Must have good office skills including keyboarding and computer experience.
Under the supervision of the Registrar, assists in the functions of the Registrar’s office. Works in an open office setting interacting with students, faculty, staff, handling multiple tasks with confidence and competence.
1. Enters transfer transcript information received from other institutions of higher education including but not limited to transfer courses.
2. Primarily responsible for evaluating and equating transfer courses.
3. Primarily responsible for responding to student and staff inquiries regarding transfer credit.
4. Assists with Degree Audit requests including initial evaluation.
5. Processes graduation applications including entering data, printing audits, and mailing student communication and assists with tasks in preparation for the graduation ceremony.
6. Primarily responsible for grade collection process, including blank grade follow-up. Assists with process to drop students who fail pre-requisites.
7. Assists with roster verification processes for all college credit classes as well as the Administrative Withdrawal for Non-Attendance process, including communication with those students.
8. Cancels courses and communicates cancellations to appropriate staff.
9. Assists with the registration process in person and via email, including initial registration, adds, drops and withdrawals.
10. Primarily responsible for processing registration for Visiting and Adjunct students, including identification of appropriate pre-requisites and communication with students.
11. Assists with clerical duties, answering phone calls, responding to emails sent to the Registrar’s office and assisting people who come to the office.
12. Assists faculty and staff in areas relating to student records.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
28,000 - 30,000