Application for Employment
Please send completed employment application and resume to:
Iowa Western Community College
2700 College Rd. Box 4-C
Council Bluffs, IA 51503
For Professional Staff positions please include a minimum salary requirement in your cover letter. For all Faculty and Adjunct positions please include an IWCC Application, Cover Letter, Resume and Unofficial Transcripts.
Human Resource Director
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Knowledge of general HR software systems. Must have knowledge of computer software, including Word, Excel, and Access. Relate well with co-workers and the public. Ongoing knowledge of current and proposed Human Resource standards for FMLA, ADA, etc. Ability to solve complex problems. Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing and scheduling work assignments. Ability to develop, plan and implement short and long-range goals. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions.
Required: A four-year undergraduate degree in human resource or related field.
Preferred: Master’s Degree and/or PHR/SPHR
Required: 5 year’s experience in Human Resource management.
Preferred: 7 years of Human Resource/Payroll experience.
Experience in Datatel is preferred
Basic Function and Responsibility:
The Human Resource Director oversees all human resource and personnel related functions at the college including; employment, employee orientation, staff development, payroll processing, benefit administration and personnel regulatory compliance. This position is responsible for providing excellent customer service to both external and internal customers.
Typical Physical Demands:
Requires prolonged standing or sitting. Requires frequent bending, stooping or stretching. May require light lifting. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity. Requires ability to distinguish letters or symbols. Requires the use of office equipment such as computer terminals, calculator, telephone, faxes, and copiers.
Typical Working Conditions:
Work is routinely performed in an office environment. Frequent contact with internal and external customers is required.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise all Human Resource office staff.
- Oversee the employment process to ensure all applications are being processed appropriately and job requisition approval.
- Responsible for conducting new employee orientation on a routine basis.
- Help coordinate appropriate Human Resource development opportunities.
- Responsible for faculty collective bargaining reports, updates and participate as needed.
- Responsible for engineering collective bargaining reports, updates and participates as needed.
- Oversee the payroll processing and benefit administration.
- Present personnel board report to the board on a monthly basis.
- Ensure personnel regulatory compliance.
- Responsible for personnel policy enforcement and development of new policies.
- Responsible for employee relation issues and investigations, including faculty and staff.
- Run reports for departments as requested.
- Complete annual survey information and reporting within appropriate deadlines.
- May serve and lead on a variety of college committees.
- Participates and attends required college presentations and information sessions.
- Completes special projects as assigned by Vice President of Finance and Operation and the President.
- Coordinate professional development activities and speakers.
- Respond and participate in unemployment claims and hearings.
- Other duties as assigned.
General supervision received from Vice President of Finance and Operations
Human Resource Staff
Open until filled