Application for Employment
Please send completed employment application and resume to:
Iowa Western Community College
2700 College Rd. Box 4-C
Council Bluffs, IA 51503
For Professional Staff positions please include a minimum salary requirement in your cover letter. For all Faculty and Adjunct positions please include an IWCC Application, Cover Letter, Resume and Unofficial Transcripts.
Business & Accounting Instructor
Required: Master’s Degree with 12 graduate hours in Business or Business related coursework.
Preferred: Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA) or Business Related Field (i.e. Accounting, Economics, etc.)
Preferred: Teaching experience at the college level
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize multiple projects and lessons effectively and to work independently
- Creativity and imagination
- Ability to analyze information and problem solve
- General working knowledge of personal computers, Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office Suite applications preferred
Basic Function and Responsibility:
The instructor will be responsible for course instruction and classroom management in business courses. Other duties include, but are not limited to, teaching classroom sessions, curriculum development/restructuring, committee assignments, student academic advising, student recruitment and responsibilities for materials and supplies. All candidates interviewed will be required to provide a teaching demonstration.
Typical Physical Demands:
Requires prolonged standing or sitting. Requires frequent bending, stooping or stretching. May require light lifting. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity. Requires ability to distinguish letters or symbols. Requires the use of office equipment such as computer terminals, calculator, telephone, faxes, and copiers.
Typical Working Conditions:
Work is routinely performed in an office and classroom environment. Frequent contact with faculty, students and other department staff.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct class meetings for the entire period scheduled and in a punctual manner.
- Maintain up-to-date syllabi, using criteria established by the Dean, in all courses as assigned.
- Exhibit a positive and professional demeanor and attitude, contributing to a productive and growth oriented work environment.
- Schedule and conduct daily office hours.
- Advise students as assigned; refer students to other college resources as needed.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding students and colleagues.
- Organize and teach classes as assigned by the academic dean and program chair, meeting the contract minimum of on-campus hours per week.
- Contribute to the development of course competencies for the program.
- Assist with the development and monitoring of the program budget.
- Assist with the development and revision of program curricula.
- Assist with the recruitment and retention of students to the program.
- Initiate, pursue and document a Quality Faculty Plan; at a minimum, this plan must meet the guidelines for yearly in-service training.
- Maintain competency and knowledge of current research, practice, and trends in the business field.
- Actively participate in college life and activities, including participation in campus committees.
- Maintain student enrollment, attendance, competency records, grades and other pertinent class and student records.
- Complete course assessments each semester in a timely fashion.
- Participate in departmental, school and college meetings as scheduled.
- Understand and adhere to the organizational structure of the College and the academic division.
- Demonstrate punctuality on all requests from the Dean and Program Chair. This may include, but is not limited to:
• Development of class schedules
• Budget development
• Evaluation of courses and programs
• Committee assignments
- Undertake and proficiently complete additional duties as assigned.
Employment Conditions: This is a full-time, bargaining unit faculty position. There may be opportunities to teach during the summer sessions. Present schedule is Monday – Friday with the potential for evening hours; however, this does not preclude the possibility to include weekends in the future.
Open until filled