Application for Employment
Please send completed employment application and resume to:
Iowa Western Community College
2700 College Rd. Box 4-C
Council Bluffs, IA 51503
For Professional Staff positions please include a minimum salary requirement in your cover letter. For all Faculty and Adjunct positions please include an IWCC Application, Cover Letter, Resume and Unofficial Transcripts.
Adjunct English Instructor
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to organize and present various curriculum concepts to a wide range of students with varying backgrounds and abilities and adjust teaching techniques accordingly.
- Assume responsibility; deal effectively with problems, and exercise independent judgment when making decisions.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with students, colleagues, staff, administrators and other contacts.
- Possess strong human relations skills and the ability to effectively relate to diverse personalities.
Required: Master’s Degree in English with 12+ graduate hours in specialty is required to teach college level transfer courses.
Preferred: Teaching experience is preferred
Basic Function and Responsibility:
Adjunct Faculty is responsible for teaching classes as assigned by the Program Chair or Dean. Must evaluate and report student performances and progress in courses in accordance with College and division policies and procedures. Must meet Adjunct Faculty Minimum Hiring Standards and adhere to college policies and procedures.
Typical Physical Demands:
Depending on course delivery methodology:
Requires prolonged standing or sitting. Requires frequent bending, stooping or stretching. May require light lifting. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity. Requires ability to distinguish letters or symbols. Requires the use of office equipment such as micro-computers, calculator, telephone, faxes, and copiers.
Typical Working Conditions:
Work is routinely performed in a classroom environment. Frequent contact with internal and external customers is required. Additionally, online instructors are responsible for obtaining and maintaining reliable compatible computer hardware and software.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organize and teach classes as assigned by the program chair or academic dean.
- Conduct class meetings for the entire period scheduled and in a punctual manner.
- Maintain up-to-date syllabi, using criteria established by the Dean, in all courses as assigned.
- Exhibit a positive and professional demeanor and attitude, contributing to a productive and growth oriented work environment.
- Be available to students for consultation before and/or after scheduled class time.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding students and colleagues.
- Complete assigned tasks in a timely manner, such as: uploading syllabi to course shells, maintaining an accurate and up-to-date electronic attendance manager and gradebook, complete and submit reports regarding student attendance and progress, submit final grades, and submit end-of-term electronic course assessments.
General supervision received from Academic Dean & Center Director
Open until filled