Application for Employment
Please send completed employment application and resume to:
Iowa Western Community College
2700 College Rd. Box 4-C
Council Bluffs, IA 51503
For Professional Staff positions please include a minimum salary requirement in your
For all Faculty positions please include an official copy of transcripts.
Biological Sciences Instructor (Clarinda Center)
Education: Master's degree in Biology or related field required. 18 credit hours of coursework in biology with emphasis on human biology and anatomy and physiology.
Demonstrated laboratory skills. Previous teaching experience of science with labs.
Excellent oral and written communication and human relations skills. Effective organizational skills, particularly as they relate to the student-learning process. Capable of creating and maintaining a classroom environment which is conducive to student learning. Computer experience in common software and Internet. Commitment to cultural diversity among students and faculty.
Experience in teaching anatomy and physiology and microbiology courses. Experience with web-based and non-traditional teaching methods. An understanding of the community college philosophy and the community college student. Experience with alternative learning delivery methods and systems.
1) Function with a team to promote, develop and deliver science related education.
2) Organize and teach classes as assigned by the academic dean, meeting the contract minimum of on-campus hours per week and meaningful office hours.
3) Conduct productive class sessions for the entire period scheduled.
4) Facilitate student achievement of course competencies for the program.
5) Assist with the compliance of the program budget.
6) Assist with student success using active advising, prompt communication of grade status.
7) Maintain knowledge of current research, practice, and trends in the biological sciences.
8) Maintain program equipment, making reports of repairs as needed to the department program chair and appropriate college departments.
9) Maintain student enrollment, attendance, competency records, grades and other pertinent class and student records in compliance with FERPA guidelines.
10) Participate in departmental, school and college meetings as scheduled.
11) Maintain up-to-date syllabi, using criteria established by the college, in all courses assigned.
12) Exhibit a positive and professional demeanor and attitude, contributing to a productive and positive student successful environment.
13) Demonstrate punctuality on all requests from the Dean and Program Chair. This may include, but is not limited to:
- Development of class schedules
- Evaluation of courses and programs
- Reports, roster verification, progress reports, final grades.
- Equipment needs and evaluations
- Course assessments
14) Other duties as assigned
Application: Minorities and bi-lingual candidates are encouraged to apply. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Open until filled