Application for Employment
Please send completed employment application and resume to:
Iowa Western Community College
2700 College Rd. Box 4-C
Council Bluffs, IA 51503
For Professional Staff positions please include a minimum salary requirement in your
For all Faculty positions please include an official copy of transcripts.
Design Technology Recruiting/Admissions Advisor
CASS COUNTY CENTER-ATLANTIC CAMPUS
- Associate’s degree in Marketing/Advertising/Sales with one to three years’ experience in sales, marketing or recruiting environment. OR
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing/Advertising/Sales
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Self-directed, organized, able to work with minimal supervision and be held accountable for performance
Design Technology is a new program, launched in the fall of 2011, which utilizes state of the art software to train students to be become proficient in the areas of Product Lifecycle Management (PLM), engineering design, project management, professional communication, and leadership in technically focused fields. The program is offered as an Associates of Applied Science (AAS) degree at IWCC’s Cass County Center.
Iowa Western is looking for a self-driven, creative person to join the Design Technology program. The ideal candidate would possess a background in marketing/advertising/sales fields. This is a full-time position and will be located at the Iowa Western Cass County Center in Atlantic, IA.
This person will assist the Design Technology Program Chair to recruit new students, develop marketing materials, create promotional activities, and manage social media.
- Contributes to the productive growth and enrollment of the Design Technology Program.
- Understand and communicate the vision, objectives, and purpose of the Design Technology program as it relates to both traditional and non-traditional students and their education.
- Explore new tactics and ideas and develop materials to aid in recruiting and marketing of the program including social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc.)
- Continue to develop and define the marketing strategy and branding of the Design Technology program.
- Produce promotional content and materials related to the program including: brochures, website, video clips, press releases and news articles as pertains to Design Technology.
- Develop new and maintain current relationships with Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics teachers and other staff at local and regional high schools in order to identify potential Design Technology students.
- Maintain working relationships, as well as identify and engage new companies and industry personnel to initiate partnerships with the program and to collaborate on mutually beneficial projects, including internships.
- Explore pathways for Design Technology graduates to enter the workforce.
- Be able to communicate effectively with academic, industry personnel, government personnel such as: Voc. Rehab and Iowa Workforce Development
- Attend trade shows and conferences (local or national) in order to promote Design Technology and develop meaningful connections and relationships with new industry partners.
- Be able to monitor, track, and report day-to-day activity and progress in regards to job responsibilities.
- Exhibit a positive and professional demeanor and attitude.
- Perform other responsibilities as needed.
Salary: Will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Open until filled