Design Technology Program - Application Checklist
In order to be eligible for admission to the Design Technology program, students must complete the following eligibility requirements. Students will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. The first 30 students to complete the eligibility requirements will be accepted each Fall.
- Meet with an Admissions Advisor in the Student Welcome Center located in Clark Hall.
- Complete an Application to Iowa Western Community College.
- Submit all official transcripts (high school and college).
- * Take a Placement test and meet minimum Math score requirement:
COMPASS Pre-algebra score of 51 or higher; ACT Math score of 15 or higher; or ASSET Elementary Algebra score of 30 or higher
* Scores expire after two years. In order to be valid, scores cannot be more than two years old at the start of the term for which you have applied. Students who do not have valid test scores may schedule a time to take the COMPASS test by emailing email@example.com, or by calling Enrollment Services at 800.432.5852 extension 3277 or 712.325.3277 (select option 5).
The Design Technology program courses are offered only at the Cass County center in Atlantic, IA.
It is the responsibility of the student to ensure that all admissions requirements are documented in the Office of Admissions.