Music Program - Application Checklist
In order to be eligible for admission to the Music program, students must complete the following eligibility requirements. Students will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis until the program is full.
- Meet with an Admissions Advisor in the Student Welcome Center located in Clark Hall.
- Complete an Application for Admission to Iowa Western Community College.
- Submit all official transcripts (high school and college).
- * Take a placement test:
All new students need to complete a skills assessment
test called the COMPASS. If a student has taken the ASSET
or ACT recently, he or she can submit those scores in
lieu of taking the COMPASS test. Students who have already
completed math and/or English for college credit, should
check with an Admissions Advisor before scheduling the
* Scores expire after two years. In order to be valid, scores cannot be more than two years old at the start of the term for which you have applied. Students who do not have valid test scores may schedule a time to take the COMPASS test by e-mailing email@example.com or by calling Enrollment Services at 800.432.5852 extension 3277 or 712.325.3277 (select option 5).
- Complete and pass an audition with the instrumental or vocal music department. A program
audition form must be submitted to the Office of Admissions upon completion of the audition. Contact one of the following to schedule
Michael Beard, Director of Instrumental Music, 800.432.5852 ext. 3430 or 712.325.3430 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Lucas Johnson, Director of Vocal Music, 800.432.5852 ext. 3726 or 712.325.3726 or email@example.com
It is the responsibility of the student to ensure that all admissions requirements are documented in the Office of Admissions.