Application for Employment
Please send completed employment application and resume to:
Iowa Western Community College
2700 College Rd. Box 4-C
Council Bluffs, IA 51503
For Professional Staff positions please include a minimum salary requirement in your
For all Faculty positions please include an official copy of transcripts.
Basic Function and Responsibility:
Entry Level position under the supervision of Accounting Manager, responsible for cashier functions at Iowa Western Community College.
Typical Physical Demands:
Requires prolonged standing or sitting. Requires frequent bending, stooping or stretching. May require average-weight objects. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity. Requires ability to distinguish letters or symbols. Requires the use of office equipment such as computer terminals, calculator, telephone, faxes, and copiers.
Typical Working Conditions:
Work is routinely performed in an interior/ office environment. Frequent contact with both internal and external customers.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Daily cashiering functions including:
- Receipt of funds received by the college
- Daily cash drawer reconciliation and system reports
- Prepare and track deposit bags for courier
- Prepare Cashier spreadsheet based on daily activity
- Monthly Reconciliations
- Prepare journal entries for General Ledger distribution of cash receipts
- Reconcile cashier spreadsheet to General Ledger
- Credit card reconciliation and fees analysis
- Reimburse, reconcile and replenish petty cash
- Assist with collection of student, agency and external receivables
- Parking appeals
- Responsible for performance of other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Excellent oral and written communication and human relations skills.
Required: High school diploma or GED.
Preferred: Associates Degree in Accounting or Business Administration.
Preferred: One (1) year accounting or business office experience.
MS Office, specifically excel.
Integrated computer accounting system in a college or university environment.
open until filled