Application for Employment
Please send completed employment application and resume to:
Iowa Western Community College
2700 College Rd. Box 4-C
Council Bluffs, IA 51503
For Professional Staff positions please include a minimum salary requirement in your
For all Faculty positions please include an official copy of transcripts.
Residence Life Conduct Assistant
The Residence Life Conduct Assistant provides general administrative support to the Director of Residence Life, Residence Life Coordinators, and to the Coordinator of Conduct and Civility, including entering data, scheduling meetings, reviewing video footage, and managing correspondence with students.
Associate Degree required
Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Experience in a customer service-related field with the demonstrated ability to react quickly, accurately, and congenially.
- Experience that demonstrates strong communication skills, as well as strong organizational skills and strong management skills.
- Experience that demonstrates sensitivity to and an understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, ethnic, and disabled backgrounds of community college students.
- Experience that illustrates a history of successfully collaborating with co-workers on a regular basis to achieve common goals.
Skills and Abilities:
- Iowa Western’s Student Services Division fosters learning environments that engage and empower our students to grow and develop. All Student Services staff members must have the ability to excel in team and individual settings, multi-task, problem solve, manage their time, and maintain positive relationships with student, staff, and faculty while thriving in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong computer skills, specifically with Microsoft Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to use tact and diplomacy in stressful situations.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with frequent interruption.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Ability to work independently.
- Provides general administrative support to the Director of Residence Life, Residence Life Coordinators, and the Coordinator of Student Conduct and Civility.
- Reviews video footage for Residence Life, Student Conduct, and local law enforcement.
- Maintains conduct records in departmental databases and compiles data into reports.
- Maintains crime log, which includes entering data in an accurate and timely manner.
- Schedules one-on-one student meetings for professional staff.
- Prepares and sends routine student correspondence regarding conduct.
- Monitors and provides follow-up to students who have been issued disciplinary sanctions; updates staff who administered sanction.
- Oversees the scheduling of the Reiver Responsibility course, which serves as an educational programming component within the student conduct process.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
Part-time (25 hours per week)
9-month position (mid-August – mid-May)
$12.00 per hour
10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m., Monday through Friday is preferred but a different schedule can be developed depending on the employee’s availability.
Requires prolonged standing or sitting.
Work is routinely performed in an office environment. Frequent contact with internal customers is required.
open until filled