Objectives of the Surgical Technology Program
The student will develop the knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary to practice as a Surgical Technologist by acquiring the following fundamental capabilities
Program Goal minimum expectations: To prepare competent entry-level surgical technologists
in the cognitive (knowledge), psychomotor (skills) and affective (behavior) learning
Upon completion of the program, the student will be able to:
- Use critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrate the application of the principles of sterile techniques.
- Apply a basic understanding of human physiology and surgical anatomy in the perioperative role of a surgical technologist.
- Utilize appropriate medical terminology.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills.
1 Accreditation Review Council on Education in Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting. Standards and Guidelines for the Accreditation of Educational Programs in Surgical Technology. 2013:3.