Education to Employment is a FREE College and career preparatory program designed to enhance students’ skills and employability while preparing them for vocational training and college degree programs.
- Financial assistance including program tuition and books, required fees, and other services.
- Program advising to track progress toward completion.
- Development of a career or degree plan.
- Job search assistance, including resume development and critiquing, and interviewing skills.
- Participants will also receive industry related certifications.
- Industry specific reading, writing, and math skills.
- Learn from industry professionals.
- Grow leadership, college, and career skills.
HERE'S HOW IT WORKS
1. SEE IF YOU’RE ELIGIBLE.
- You must be a resident of Iowa and 18 years of age or older
(other requirements may apply).
2. APPLY FOR THE PROGRAM.
- Provide the completed application
- Copy of a current resume
(Contact David Pollock at 712.388.6858 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance)
- Copy of NCRC results or certificate
(Call 712.256.8800 to schedule assessment)
- Copies of income documentation
- 6 months prior from the date the application was signed
- Copies of paystubs
- Married? Must include your spouse’s income documentation also
- A valid government issued Iowa I.D. (Driver's license, State Issued I.D., etc.)
3. MEET ONE-ON-ONE WITH YOUR PATHWAY NAVIGATOR.
- They can answer any questions you may have and make sure the program is the right fit for you.
Click here for Application.
- Administrative Assistant
- Help Desk Support
- Certified Bookkeeper
- PC Repair Technician
- Web Design
- Activity Coordinator
- Certified Medication Aide
- Certified Nurse Aide (CNA)
- Patient Registration Specialist
- Pharmacy Tech
- Medical Billing Specialist
- Professional Medical Coding
- Rehabilitation/Restorative Aide
- Combination Welding
- Electrical Maintenance
- Industrial Safety
- Renewable Energy
- Wastewater Treatment Operator
- Water Treatment Plant Operator
- Workplace MIG Welding
CONTACT THE PATHWAY NAVIGATOR
Brenda Agüero Carranza
Click here to learn more about the Business/IT/Manufacturing/Logistics/Culinary Pathway.
Click here to learn more about the Heathcare Pathway.
NEED YOUR HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA?
Iowa Western offers preparation courses and exam opportunities for the High School Equivalency Test (HiSET). Formerly known as the GED, the HiSET is an exam that adults can complete to earn the equivalent to a high school diploma. Click here to get started today!