Career Planning Resources
- Career Calculus The sum of your interests can equal a satisfying career. For Example: Business + People = Human Resources Managers; Justice + Psychology = Probation Officers. Click here to add up your interests and find career possibilities.
- The Occupational Outlook Handbook is the Nation's premier source for career information! The profiles featured cover hundreds of occupations and describe What They Do, Work Environment, How to Become One, Pay, and more! Each profile also includes Bureau of Labor Statistics employment projections for the 2010–20 decade.
- Quintessential Careers has a variety of difference resources available for you to use including checklists, quizzes, tips, and more! It also features an article on Choosing a College Major: How to Chart Your Ideal Path.
- Bigfuture by the College Board has tons of information about different majors and careers. Each major or career profile provides information about what you should be ready for, who is a good fit, and career outlook.
- Career Coach Career Coach is designed to help you find a good career by providing the most current local data on wages, employment, job postings, and associated education and training.
If you are a current student your assigned advisor is a good resources when it comes to career planning. To find your advisor’s contact information go to your Student Self Services in ROC.
If you are a prospective student or if you are changing your major, an Enrollment Advisor in the Welcome Center is available to help you. You can drop in to the Welcome Center Monday through Thursday from 8-6, Friday 8-3 or you can make an appointment. To make an appointment call 712.325.3459 or email email@example.com.