Advanced Placement Associate Degree Nursing - Application Checklist
Admission to the Advanced Placement Associate Degree Nursing program will be granted to students who complete the following eligibility requirements, with priority given to those students who complete all requirements by the priority deadline; however, if space allows students will be accepted after the priority deadline until the program is full. If there are more eligible students than space available at the priority deadline, preference will be given to students with the earliest admission file completion date. 16 students will be accepted each Spring.
Spring Term (January) - Priority deadline is October 1
- Meet with an Admissions Advisor in the Student Welcome Center located in Clark Hall.
- Complete an Application for Admission to Iowa Western Community College.
- Submit all official transcripts (high school and college).
- Submit a copy of current, valid, and unencumbered LPN License.
- Complete the following Prerequisite Courses with a grade of "C" or higher: All Prerequisite
courses must be completed prior to starting Advanced Placement Associate Degree Nursing
program courses in January. Prerequisite courses can be in progress for acceptance
purposes, and students may be accepted on a provisional status, pending completion
of all currently enrolled prerequisite courses. Students taking prerequisite courses
at another institution must submit enrollment verification from that institution in
order to be eligible for provisional acceptance.
- * BIO-168 Human Anatomy and Physiology I with Labs
- BIO-173 Human Anatomy and Physiology II with Labs
- PSY-111 Introduction to Psychology
- ENG-105 Composition I
- BIO-151 Nutrition
- SPC-112 Public Speaking
- PSY-121 Developmental Psychology
- SOC-110 Introduction to Sociology
- BIO-186 Microbiology
- MGT-195 Workplace Empowerment
* Please note that BIO-168 Human Anatomy and Physiology I with Labs has a prerequisite of Human Biology, General Biology, or one year of high school Anatomy and Physiology.
Equal Educational Opportunity and Non-discrimination It is the policy of Iowa Western Community College to provide equal educational opportunities and not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, genetic information, physical or mental disability, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status, AIDS/HIV status, citizenship, or medical condition, as those terms are defined under applicable laws, in its educational programs, activities, or employment practices. Inquiries and complaints regarding equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policies should be directed to the Equal Opportunity Coordinators, phone number 712-325-3200, email@example.com; or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Citigroup Center, 500 W. Madison, Suite 1475, Chicago, IL 60661, phone number 312-730-1560, fax 312-730-1576.
It is the responsibility of the student to ensure that all admissions requirements are documented in the Office of Admissions.