Automotive Technology Program - Application Checklist
In order to be eligible for admission to the Automotive Technology program, students must complete the following eligibility requirements. Students will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. The first 20 students to complete the eligibility requirements will be accepted each Fall and the first 20 students to complete the eligibility requirements will be accepted each Spring.
- Meet with an Admissions Advisor in the Student Welcome Center located in Clark Hall.
- Complete an Application for Admission to Iowa Western Community College.
- Submit all official transcripts (high school and college).
- * Take a Placement test and meet minimum Reading, Writing, and Math score requirements:
- COMPASS Writing Score of 55 or higher
- COMPASS Reading Score of 71 or higher
- COMPASS Pre-Algebra Score of 32 or higher
- ASSET Writing Score of 35 or higher
- ASSET Reading Score of 38 or higher
- ASSET Numerical Skills score of 36 or higher
- ACT English Score of 17 or higher
- ACT Reading Score of 16 or higher
- ACT Math Score of 15 or higher (OR take COMPASS)
* Scores expire after two years. In order to be valid, scores cannot be more than two years old at the start of the term for which you have applied. Students who do not have valid test scores may schedule a time to take the COMPASS test by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling Enrollment Services at 800.432.5852 extension 3277 or 712.325.3277 (select option 5).
It is the responsibility of the student to ensure that all admissions requirements are documented in the Office of Admissions.