Robotics/Automated Systems Technology - Application Checklist
In order to be eligible for admission to the Robotics/Automated Systems Technology program, students must complete the following eligibility requirements. Students will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. The first 30 students to complete the eligibility requirements will be accepted each Fall.
- Meet with an Admissions Advisor in the Student Welcome Center located in Clark Hall.
- Complete an Application to Iowa Western Community College.
- Submit all official transcripts (high school and college).
- * Take a placement test: All new students need to complete a skills assessment test called the COMPASS. If a student has taken the ASSET or ACT recently, he or she can submit those scores in lieu of taking the COMPASS test. Students who have already completed math and/or English for college credit, should check with an Admissions Advisor before scheduling the COMPASS.
* Scores expire after two years. In order to be valid, scores cannot be more than two years old at the start of the term for which you have applied. Students who do not have valid test scores may schedule a time to take the COMPASS test by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling Enrollment Services at 800.432.5852 extension 3277 or 712.325.3277 (select option 5).
- Submit proof of math proficiency: Minimum Math placement score of 53 on COMPASS Algebra or 21 on ACT Math; Final Prep Math Progress Score of 3; or a grade of "C" or higher in College Algebra and College Trigonometry; or a grade of "C" or higher in Technical Mathematics II.
It is the responsibility of the student to ensure that all admissions requirements are documented in the Office of Admissions.