High School Students
Be better prepared for life after high school and build real world experience in an industry you enjoy!
Southwest Iowa Workplace Connection connects students from school districts in Pottawattamie, Cass, Fremont, Harrison, Mills, Page and Shelby counties in SW Iowa with area business professionals who are interested in preparing our region's future employees.
High School students can explore local careers and gain valuable experience by visiting an area business and learning directly from a professional.
- 10-12th grade students
- Typically 1-4 hours
Application Deadline Dates
- Fall 2017 Job Shadows: Applications are due October 6, 2017
- Spring 2018 Job Shadows: Applications are due February 9, 2018
How do I request a job shadow?
Resources for High School Students
Tips & Tools
- Job Shadow Checklist
- Participation & Media Release Form
- Job Shadow Sample Student Questions
- How to Write a Thank You Note
- Job Shadow Student Evaluation