Application for Employment
Please send completed employment application and resume to:
Iowa Western Community College
2700 College Rd. Box 4-C
Council Bluffs, IA 51503
For Professional Staff positions please include a minimum salary requirement in your
For all Faculty positions please include an official copy of transcripts.
Co-Director Childcare Center
Required: Bachelor's Degree with 24 credits in ECE, CD, EIEd or EC Spec Ed and 9 credits in administration, leadership or management or has a plan in place to meet the qualifications within 5 years.
Preferred: Masters Degree
Required: 5 years related teaching experience in child development, early childhood education, or related field, 2 years administration experience and course work in adminstration, Experience wiht NAEYC early childhood accreditation and USDA food programs required.
Full-Time 8AM-5PM Monday- Friday
Responsible for administration and operation of developmentallyappropriate IWCC Chidren's Center. This responsiblity includes planning, development, implementation , and operation of the IWCC Children's Center, equipment, and facilities. It also includes personnel responsibilities such as hiring recommendation, supervising, and leading staff, as well as budget and records management. The Children's Center is operated as a laboratory school for the IWCC Early Childhood Education Programs.
1. Under the direction of the VP of Academic Affairs, define goals, objectives, and develop curricula for the Children's Center in accordance with the Strategic Plan of the College.
2. Provide leadership, direction, and assistance to associates for using the curricula in the Center. Conduct regular staff meetings to plan instructional activities of center.
3. Work as a team member with Center associates and ECE program faculty to promote, develop, and deliver a quality curriculum that is in the best interest of the children, families, ECE program , and the College.
4. Maintain positive working relationships and communications with internal and external clientele, including IWCC colleagues, parents/family of children, community providers of child care, and external licensing agents.
5. Communicate positively with families of children enrolled in the Center regarding policies, procedures, and daily happenings. Initiate parent newsletters, telephone calls, conversations, personal visits, daily written reports, bulletin boards, family handbook, etc.
6. Conduct in-service/orientation for new staff and parents.
7. Conduct tours for families of prospective Center children, and make enrollment decisions. Develop, distribute and maintain copies of contracts for children.
8. Plan and implement at least two parent- teacher conferences per year.
9. Evaluate children's development and learning using COR or other recognized evaluation instrument.
10. Supervise and evaluate staff in the Center. Submit time sheets and absence data reports for Center. Ensure associates treat all students, staff, and parents with dignity and respect.
11. Other duties as assigned. The above duties are only a summary of duties for this position.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Must have an understanding of good business practices, administration and child development. Excellent communication skills required. Must meet requirements for child care center directors as outlined by Iowa Department of Human Services (DHA) Child Care Licensing Regulations. Must pass the Iowa Criminal Records check as well as the Iowa Child Abuse Registry check. Must be able to pass the medical physical exam required by Department of Human Services Child Care Licensing Regulations. Must be able to bend, stoop, and lift at least 60 pounds.
Open Until Filled