Application for Employment
Please send completed employment application and resume to:
Iowa Western Community College
2700 College Rd. Box 4-C
Council Bluffs, IA 51503
For Professional Staff positions please include a minimum salary requirement in your
For all Faculty positions please include an official copy of transcripts.
Adjunct Physical Therapist Assistant-Lab
Required: Licensed physical therapist or physical therapist assistant. Physical therapist assistants must have a minimum of an Associate in Applied Science Degree in Physical Therapist Assistant as per the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE).
Required: Minimum of three (3) years of experience in the field.
Preferred: Clinical and/or academic teaching experience is preferred.
The Physical Therapist Assistant Laboratory Assistant is responsible for participating in instruction of program students in accordance with curriculum standards and objectives. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Evaluate student performance on skills competencies and laboratory practical examinations.
- Develop and implement laboratory demonstrations that enhance teaching effectiveness and promote student learning.
- Develop, administer and evaluate laboratory course assignments.
- Assist with maintenance of student attendance, competency records and grades.
- Maintain safety of laboratory equipment and classroom space.
- Assist and counsel students with Physical Therapist Assistant Program curriculum.
- Maintain competency and knowledge of current research, practice and trends in the physical therapy field.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding students and colleagues.
- Participate in projects to assist in meeting program goals as determined by the Program Director.
Typical Physical Demands:
Requires prolonged standing or sitting. Requires frequent bending, stooping or stretching. May require lifting < 50 pounds. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity. Requires ability to distinguish letters or symbols. Requires the use of office equipment such as computer terminals, telephone, faxes, and copiers.
Typical Working Conditions:
Work is routinely performed in a classroom or laboratory environment. Off campus laboratories may be held at acute care, ambulatory care, community and/or long term care facilities. Frequent contact with internal and external customers is required.
Open until filled