Application for Employment
Please send completed employment application and resume to:
Iowa Western Community College
2700 College Rd. Box 4-C
Council Bluffs, IA 51503
For Professional Staff positions please include a minimum salary requirement in your cover letter. For all Faculty and Adjunct positions please include an IWCC Application, Cover Letter, Resume and Unofficial Transcripts.
High School diploma or GED required; Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Experience, Skills, and Abilities:
Experience in a customer-related field with the demonstrated ability to react to customers quickly, accurately, and congenially required. Experience or training that demonstrates strong communication skills and strong organizational skills required. Must possess strong computer skills, particularly the ability to operate and understand a complex student information system and Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel, and Word. The ability to work as a contributing member of a high-energy Records and Admissions team in a fast-paced environment is a must.
HOURS: 1:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m., Monday through Thursday
1. Administers and proctors admission and placement tests for prospective and current students, namely a computer-based assessment called COMPASS. Enters student data and test scores in the College’s Student Information System.
2. Administers and proctors tests for students enrolled in online classes. Ensures test materials and instructions have been received from the instructor prior to the testing appointment. Communicates results to the instructor as soon as possible after the testing appointment.
3. Administers and proctors a variety of other tests, including but not limited to those for the College Level Examination Program (CLEP) and for the Iowa Board of Dental Examiners.
4. Monitors quantity and quality of testing materials and equipment.
5. Provides data-entry support for the Admissions and Records Office with efficiency and accuracy, including, but not limited to entering prospect cards and processing address changes.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
Open until filled