Application for Employment
Please send completed employment application and resume to:
Iowa Western Community College
2700 College Rd. Box 4-C
Council Bluffs, IA 51503
For Professional Staff positions please include a minimum salary requirement in your
For all Faculty positions please include an official copy of transcripts.
Early Childhood Education -Part time Associate
Required: Associates’s Degree in Child Development or Early Childhood or related field.
Must pass a pre-employment criminal background check.
Specialty licensure/certification is required, as specified by the Iowa DHS Child Care Licensing Regulations.
Preferred: Experience working in a NAEYC accredited ECE program.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
Knowledge of child cognitive, social and skills development methods and techniques.
Ability to safely use cleaning equipment and supplies.
Child supervision skills.
Knowledge of child development theory and practice.
Ability to read, understand, follow and enforce safety procedures.
Ability to instruct and successfully interact with very young children and/or adolescents.
Ability to provide a supportive and caring environment for children.
Ability to manage and provide for the health, nutrition, and hygiene requirements of infants, young children, and/or adolescents.
Knowledge of basic food preparation techniques and standards.
Ability to persuade and influence others.
Basic Function and Responsibility:
Assists in the implementation of activities for individual and/or groups of children within a specified age range, working within a child care center, classroom, or field environment.
Typical Physical Demands:
Requires prolonged standing or sitting. Requires frequent bending, stooping or stretching. May require average-weight objects up to 60 pounds. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity. Requires ability to distinguish letters or symbols. Requires the use of office equipment such as computer terminals, calculator, telephone, faxes, and copiers.
Typical Working Conditions:
Work is routinely performed in an interior/ office environment. Work environment involves minimal exposure to physical risk, such as operating dangerous equipment or working with chemicals.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in the implementation of learning and skill development for targeted population.
- Provides individual and/or group direction, guidance and supervision of children in the performance of development activities.
- Monitors children in the development of proper health care and hygiene skills; as appropriate to position, performs nutrition and hygiene procedures as necessary for children to young or otherwise unable to provide for themselves.
- As appropriate to position, prepares and supervises meals and snacks for children participating in programs
- Interacts with parents and community groups; maintains open and cooperative communication with parents and families, encouraging their involvement in the program and supporting the child’s family relationships.
- Performs routine cleaning, sanitizing, and maintenance of center facilities and equipment.
- Responsible for performance of other duties as assigned.
Open until filled