Application for Employment
Please send completed employment application and resume to:
Iowa Western Community College
2700 College Rd. Box 4-C
Council Bluffs, IA 51503
For Professional Staff positions please include a minimum salary requirement in your cover letter. For all Faculty and Adjunct positions please include an IWCC Application, Cover Letter, Resume and Unofficial Transcripts.
Secretary II -Health, Biological & Sports Science
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Knowledge of general office routine. Type 60wpm. Must have knowledge of computer software, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Required: High School diploma or GED
Preferred: Associates Degree
Preferred: 6 months general office work experience. Attention to detail. Ability to multitask and prioritize .
Basic Function and Responsibility:
Provides assistance to the Dean, Faculty and departments in the division and Dodge Hall.
Contribute to the department by providing clerical support to assure that all activities are processed and performed in an expeditious manner. Communicating with Faculty and supporting them in various areas.
Requires prolonged standing or sitting. Requires frequent bending, stooping or stretching. May require light lifting. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity. Requires ability to distinguish letters or symbols. Requires the use of office equipment such as computer terminals, calculator, telephone, faxes and copiers.
Typical Working Conditions:
Work is routinely performed in an office environment. Frequent contact with faculty and other department staff.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Type correspondence for faculty, to ensure timely and accurate information, to assist the departments if operating at a high level.
- Maintain confidential files, by securing data in a locked file, to keep files safe and up to date.
- Provides excellent customer service by answering telephone calls, taking messages and referring calls to the appropriate department.
- Order and maintain office supplies, to keep the departments adequately stocked, by ordering through central supplies or other outside approved vendors.
- Responsible for performance of other duties as assigned.
Open until filled