Accessing the CNA Registry
Passing State Written and Skills Exams:
- Minimum score of 70% is required to pass the skills exam
- Results of skills test and certificate are given at the conclusion of the test
- Minimum score of 70% is required to pass the written exam
- Scores are not mailed to student. The Registry does not receive numeric scores, only “pass” or “fail”
How to Access Your Registry Status (After 10 days to 2 week waiting period)
- Go to the following website www.dia-hfd.state.ia.us
- In the upper left of your screen, you will see a box with some navigational tabs in it. Click on the "Login" tab, which is the second button from the top of the menu bar.
- This will bring up 2 boxes in the middle of your screen requesting an Account ID and
- Do not try to create your own ID and temporary password, they have already been set.
- The Account ID is the last 4 digits of your Social Security Number, an underscore, and the first initial of your first and last name, in capital letters. It will look like the following: example: 6789_FL.
- The temporary password will be the first 5 digits of your Social Security Number, an underscore, and the first initial of your first and last name, in capital letters. It will look like the following: example: 12345_FL.
- If the message “Invalid User Credentials” appears on your first and second tries, please contact the registry at the number listed below. You may have the same last four digits and initials as another person on the registry and have a different special character in your Account ID and password.
- You will be requested to set up 5 "baseline" or security questions.
- You will then be asked to create a new password that only you will know. The password must be at least 8 characters long with at least one capital letter, one lower case letter, a special character and a number. Make it something that you will easily remember such as DMLincoln_1. Additionally, the system will have you reset your password every two or three months for security purposes. Just switch the special character or number to update your password.
- Once you log back in with your new password, you will be taken to your own homepage within our database. You can navigate anywhere within your record from here, and you can also print your card from this page as well.
- To find out your current status and check to see if your employers have reported your
employment click on the Demographics tab, which is the second to the last button on
the menu bar.
- The first section on this page will have editable fields where you can correct personal information and update the system.
- The second section on the page lists the certifications the registry tracks and your status. In order to work in a Long Term Care facility or larger hospitals, your certificate must read active. You can be in No Test or No Employment and work as a CNA in Home Health, Assisted Living Programs, Intermediate and Residential Care facilities, Elder Group Homes, CDAC, etc. on your course completion certificate alone. Your course completion certificate never expires. Only your ability to work in a Long Term Care Facility expires after 24 months of no reported Long Term Care CNA employment.
- The third section lists all the reported employment for your certificate. If there is a gap of more than two years between any LTC employment you have had, you are ineligible to work in Long Term Care facilities until the gap has been filled with additional countable employment or you retake and pass both the written and skills state competency exams.
- To print your card, do the following: Turn off the popup blocker feature on your internet browser. Click on the tab that says Print DCW Card, which is the last button on the menu bar. A picture of your card will come up and you can print it. If the printer icon does not appear for the window, do Ctrl+P from your keyboard to access the print screen.
Please e-mail [email protected] or call the Iowa DCW Registry at (515) 281-4077.
Registry hours are 8 am-4:30 pm Monday-Friday. Closed all state and federal holidays.