After you receive your acceptance letter to the Dental Assisting or Dental Hygiene program, you will be responsible to complete the list of health requirements that will be submitted into a computerized tracking system called Castle Branch. It is also your responsibility to maintain these requirements during enrollment in the nursing program. Do not allow them to lapse. Failure to maintain these requirements will exclude you from participating in nursing clinical experiences.
The following is a portion of what goes into Castle Branch, but not wholly inclusive:
- Health and Physical form must be completed and dated within one year of the start of the attending semester.
- Required immunizations and or positive titers required for the IWCC Dental Assisting and Hygiene Programs. (If you have a negative titer, proof of repeat series vaccinations records required)
- MMR (Measles/Mumps/Rubella) documented proof of at least two doses of the MMR vaccine
- Varicella documented proof of at least two doses of the Varicella (chickenpox) vaccine, proof of childhood illness not accepted.
- Hepatitis B documented proof of the three-shot Hepatitis B vaccine.
- TDaP (diphtheria/pertussis/tetanus) must be renewed every 10 years.
- Tuberculosis (TB) testing: an initial one-step TB skin test is required. This is a skin test to show there has been no exposure to TB. Positive skin test results require a clear chest x-ray. A positive chest x-ray necessitates further action by your physician. An IGR titer is also accepted if the skin test cannot be provided.
- BLS/CPR certification card (includes two-man CPR for HealthCare Provider, infant, child & adult; and AED) Must be from American Heart Association, American Red Cross or the National Safety Council only. No online-only classes or cards accepted.
- Criminal Background Check – for the states of Iowa and Nebraska and any other states that you have lived in the last 7 years. Any state that does not have a reciprocal agreement with Castle Branch, the student will need to have an official background check done for that state, at their own expense.
- Medicare Fraud – CastleBranch will run this background check for you upon completion of registration for your package.
- Dependent Adult Abuse and Dependent Child Abuse Checks for the states of Iowa and Nebraska – CastleBranch will run these checks upon submission of the required documentation.
- Sex Offender Registry Check – CastleBranch will run this background check for you upon completion of registration for your package.
If a student is not compliant by the time of clinical rotations, you will be ineligible to start the clinical portion of the program, which is grade and program-impacting.