After you receive your acceptance letter to the nursing program, you will be responsible for completing the following list of health requirements and bring it with you to Nursing Orientation. It is also your responsibility to maintain these requirements during enrollment in the nursing program. Do not allow them to lapse. Failure to maintain these requirements will exclude you from participating in nursing clinical experiences. Please make a copy of everything you are submitting for your own records.
- Health & Physical (H&P) form must be complete and on file in the nursing office/or designated campus area. Complete the front page; your Physician/Nurse Practitioner/Physician’s Assistant completes the back page. This form must be completed in its entirety, including lab results. Any omissions will result in the form being returned to you for completion. Bring this completed form to Nursing Orientation.
- Immunizations are required for working with patients in the hospital. Bring proof of these immunizations with you to Nursing Orientation (this information can be recorded on the H&P form by your health care provider or on a print out from your physician).
- Required immunizations are:
- MMR (Measles/Mumps/Rubella) documented proof of immunity through titer. If the titer does not indicate immunity, the vaccination will have to be administered and titer repeated for proof of immunity.
- Hepatitis B documented proof of immunity through titer. If the titer does not indicate immunity, the series will have to be administered and titer repeated for proof of immunity.
- Tdap (diphtheria/pertussis/tetanus) must be renewed every 10 years.
- Tuberculosis (TB) testing (2-step) is required and repeated annually (1-step). This is a skin test to show there has been no exposure to TB. Positive skin test results require a chest x-ray. A positive chest x-ray necessitates further action by your physician. Bring proof of this testing to Nursing Orientation.
- Varicella Titer
- Bring your current CPR card (two-man CPR for the health professional, infant, child, and adult) to Nursing Orientation. No online renewals will be accepted. Please be sure the card is signed by you and that if you supply a copy, it has both the front and back of the signed card visible. *Students are required to have a current CPR card on file through graduation.
- Drug screen (will be arranged by your instructor after starting the program)
- Criminal background check for all states of residence for the last seven years.
- Medicare fraud exclusion for all names used, including maiden, the last seven years.
- HIPAA course (students will complete during Nursing Orientation)
- Dependent adult abuse and dependent child abuse checks.
- CBT (Computer-based Training) (will be arranged by the instructor)
- Sex offender registry check.
If each step is not completed in its entirety and submitted by the clinical rotations, you will be ineligible to start the clinical portion of the program.