Degree, Certificate or Diploma
The Agribusiness Technology: Agronomy Sales & Service program of study provides students with the opportunity to develop skills, abilities, and an understanding of the agronomic aspects of production agriculture. Careers in production agriculture, agronomy operations, precision agriculture, and agronomy sales can be pursued. Students are provided with classroom instruction, lab, and field experience. Graduates of this program are awarded a diploma
2,865 Jobs (2020)
-1.6% change from 2020-2025
Data is from the Omaha Metropolitans Area, and the seven counties in Southwest Iowa that Iowa Western serves
What will you do
This program is intended for students who wish to enter the workforce upon completion of the certificate. Graduates are able to pursue career opportunities in agriculture production, and agronomy-related sales, service, and supply industries.
Entry Level: $15/hr
(wages can vary considerably depending on chosen career)
|AGA 181 - Introduction to Crop Science||3.0 Credit(s)|
|AGP 333 - Precision Farming Systems||3.0 Credit(s)|
|AGA 284 - Pesticide Application Certification||3.0 Credit(s)|
|AGC 215 - Career Seminar||1.0 Credit(s)|
Semester Total: 13.0 Credits
|AGA 280 - Crop Development, Production, and Management||3.0 Credit(s)|
|AGP 457 - Agronomic Applications of Site Specific Management||3.0 Credit(s)|
|AGB 336 - Agricultural Selling||3.0 Credit(s)|
|AGA 165 - Agricultural Fertilizers and Chemicals||3.0 Credit(s)|
Semester Total: 12.0 Credits
|AGA 376 - Integrated Pest Management||3.0 Credit(s)|
Semester Total: 3.0 Credits
Total Semester Hours Required: 28.0
Upon the successful completion of the program students will:
- Operate current technology used in production agriculture and the agriculture service industries.
- Identify the plant morphology of common Midwestern crop and weed species.
- Evaluate various crop production practices and techniques used to produce Midwestern crops.
- Categorize soil, plant, and climatic factors that influence plant growth and development.
- Identify, handle, mix and apply various agricultural chemicals and fertilizers.
- Effectively communicate various production practices and products.
- Salary information from EMSI Analyst Database
- A.A and A.S. Degree Programs: provide students a general education core in... (HLC)