Degree, Certificate or Diploma
Career Coach - find a job with this degree
PEH 102 - Health
PEH 142 - First Aid
ENG 105 - Composition I
PSY 111 - Introduction to Psychology
PEC 101 - Introduction to Coaching
PEC 161 - Sports Officiating
ENG 106 - Composition II
PEC 230 - Introduction to Sports Medicine
BIO 157 - Human Biology
PET 240 - Taping and Bracing
PEH 170 - Principles of Weight Training
SPC 112 - Public Speaking
PSY 210 - Sport and Exercise Psychology
PET 230 - Care and Prevention of Athletic Injuries
PEC 231 - Theory and Principles of Recreational Sport
BIO 151 - Nutrition
SPC 122 - Interpersonal Communication
Total Semester Hours Required: 64.0
Upon the successful completion of the program students will:
- Demonstrate an understanding of human anatomy and how the body moves, based on the knowledge of muscles, bones, and tissues.
- Communicate effectively the benefits of nutrition, health, and fitness to individuals.
- Demonstrate skills necessary to assess a possible injury in an emergency situation.
- Demonstrate competency in motor skills and movement patterns needed to preform a variety of weight training and physical fitness activities.
- Demonstrate the knowledge of concepts in program planning, analyzing and designing a recreation program, or special event that involves sporting competitions.
- Because career opportunities associated with this degree are so varied, salaries vary considerably as well. To explore careers and gather specific salary information, we encourage you to visit the following website: IHaveaPlanIowa