Degree, Certificate or Diploma
The Medical/Clinical Assistant Certificate program of study prepares individuals, under the supervision of physicians, to provide medical office administrative services and perform clinical duties, including patient intake and care, routine diagnostic and recording procedures, pre-examination and examination assistance, and the administration of first aid. This program includes instruction in basic anatomy and physiology, medical terminology, medical ethics, patient communications, medical office procedures, and clinical diagnostic, testing and treatment procedures. Graduates of this program are awarded a certificate.
1,724 Jobs (2020)
+14.2% Change from 2020-2025
Data is from the Omaha Metropolitans Area, and the seven counties in Southwest Iowa that Iowa Western serves
- Entry: $14.89
- Average: $17.67
- Experienced: $24.71
|MAP 123 - Administrative Medical Office Procedures||3.0 Credit(s)|
|MAP 353 - Clinical Procedures I||4.0 Credit(s)|
|SPC 122 - Interpersonal Communication||3.0 Credit(s)|
Semester Total: 10.0 Credits
Total Semester Hours Required: 10.0
Upon the successful completion of the program students will:
- Demonstrate the ability to perform medical clinical duties.
- Demonstrate appropriate professional and ethical behavior.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate using basic and therapeutic techniques.
- Demonstrate the ability to accurately perform medical administrative duties.
- Because career opportunities associated with this degree are so varied, salaries vary considerably as well. To explore careers and gather specific salary information, we encourage you to visit the following website: IHaveaPlanIowa