Degree, Certificate or Diploma
6,953 Jobs (2020)
+5.0% Change from 2020-2025
What will you do
The Nurse Aide Certificate program of study is designed to place students into the workforce upon completion of this four-month certificate. The certificate program prepares students for entry-level jobs in healthcare as nurse aids in hospitals and long-term healthcare or assisted living facilities. The national job market for nurse aids is large and growing steadily, with more opportunities for nurse aids in nursing care facilities than in hospitals.
- Entry: $12.17
- Average: $14.23
- Experienced: $19.61
|HSC 172 - Nurse Aide||3.0 Credit(s)|
|HSC 113 - Medical Terminology||2.0 Credit(s)|
Semester Total: 5.0 Credits
Total Semester Hours Required: 5.0
Office of Admissions
Welcome Center Hours
Mon. – Thu. 8 AM to 6 PM
Fri. 8 AM to 3 PM
Upon the successful completion of the program students will:
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Communicate effectively with professional staff, patients/residents and their families.
- Compare and contrast normal and aging related normal physiology.
- Demonstrate the understanding and appropriate integration of ethical/legal principles in providing care and fulfilling job responsibilities.
- Practice safety measures in providing patient/resident care.
- Describe and give examples of responsibilities and roles the nurse aide.
- Salary information from EMSI Analyst Database