Degree, Certificate or Diploma
832 Jobs (2020)
+1.9% Change from 2020-2025
Data is from the Omaha Metropolitans Area, and the seven counties in Southwest Iowa that Iowa Western serves
What will you do
Computer-Aided Designers, or CAD Designers, use software to create plans for everything from cars to skyscrapers. Students with CAD Certificates may find entry-level work in many exciting fields including manufacturing, construction, and engineering. The CAD certificate provides a great opportunity for workers to increase their skills and for current students to enter the workforce!
- Entry: $21.13
- Average: $27.24
- Experienced: $43.05
Career Coach - find a job with this degree
EGT 155 - Engineering Drawing Practices
EGT 113 - Introduction to PLM
CAD 129 - CAD I
CAD 197 - CAD 3D-NX
EGT 167 - Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
Total Semester Hours Required: 16.0
Upon the successful completion of the program students will:
- Students should be able to create fully detailed 3D models of parts, assemblies and drawings using multiple software packages.
- Demonstrate and apply concepts and standard practices of the electrical design process.
- Demonstrate and apply the basic terminology associated with these (manufacturing) fields.
- Demonstrate effective leadership, communication, teamwork, and time management skills.
- Salary information from EMSI Analyst Database