Degree, Certificate or Diploma
832 Jobs (2020)
+1.9% Change from 2020-2025
Data is from the Omaha Metropolitans Area, and the seven counties in Southwest Iowa that Iowa Western serves
What will you do
Computer Aided Designers, or CAD Designers, use software to create plans for everything from cars to skyscrapers. Students with CAD Certificates may find work in many exciting fields including manufacturing, construction and engineering. The CAD diploma provides a great opportunity for workers to increase their skills and for current students to enter the workforce!
Graduates of this program will be sought by companies in nearly every industry including aerospace, construction, consumer products, transportation, heavy machinery, robotics, manufacturing, and many more.
- Entry: $21.13
- Average: $27.24
- Experienced: $43.05
Career Coach - find a job with this degree
ENG 105 - Composition I
EGT 155 - Engineering Drawing Practices
EGT 113 - Introduction to PLM
EGT 171 - Manufacturing Processes
CAD 129 - CAD I
MAT 743 - Technical Math
MAT 750 - Technical Mathematics II
MGT 195 - Workplace Empowerment
CAD 197 - CAD 3D-NX
EGT 167 - Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
CAD 933 - Design Technology Internship
Total Semester Hours Required: 39.0
Upon the successful completion of the program students will:
- Students should be able to create fully detailed 3D models of parts, assemblies and drawings using multiple software packages.
- Demonstrate and apply concepts and standard practices of the electrical design process.
- Demonstrate and apply the basic terminology associated with these (manufacturing) fields.
- Demonstrate effective leadership, communication, teamwork, and time management skills.
- Demonstrate the use of design problem solving, creative thinking, project planning and teamwork through a challenging design and build project.
- Communicate fundamental engineering reporting and communication by using project plans, design reviews, and project reports.
- Model appropriate skills which enhance and promote on–the-job success and demonstrate knowledge of appropriate strategies for securing and changing jobs.
- Explain and demonstrate the basic use and operation of Siemen’s® PLM software system in a team design and development environment.