Degree, Certificate or Diploma
368 Jobs (2020)
+3.0% Change from 2020-2025
Data is from the Omaha Metropolitans Area, and the seven counties in Southwest Iowa that Iowa Western serves
What will you do
The Laser Systems Technician program is the study of lasers and optics. Students will gain working knowledge and skills of electronic and electromechanical devices/systems, combined with specialty knowledge and skills in photonics. Through lab experiences students will be able to efficiently and effectively repair, operate, maintain, and calibrate photonic subsystems, and then integrate these subsystems into full systems. This program prepares students for a technical level career in lasers in four primary electronic fields: computers, telecommunications, biomedical electronics, and industrial electronics. Graduates of this program are awarded an Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) degree.
- Entry: $22.77
- Experienced: $47.51
Career Coach - find a job with this degree
ELT 215 - Motors and Controls
IND 109 - Equipment Safety and Operation
IND 197 - Industrial Engineering Technology Orientation
MAT 743 - Technical Math
ELT 196 - Circuit Analysis I
LEO 360 - Lasers in Manufacturing
LEO 230 - Fundamentals of Light and Lasers
NET 790 - PC Support I
ELT 201 - Circuit Analysis II
LEO 340 - Laser Systems and Applications I
ELT 523 - Electronic Devices
ENG 110 - Writing For The Workplace
SOC 110 - Introduction to Sociology
ELT 432 - Telecommunications
ELT 433 - Telecommunications Lab
ATR 113 - Industrial Robotics
ATR 114 - Industrial Robotics Lab
LEO 450 - Laser Systems and Applications II
MGT 195 - Workplace Empowerment
Total Semester Hours Required 65.0
Upon the successful completion of the program students will:
- Create processes that efficiently identify problems and effectively use available resources to propose solutions.
- Develop a self-directed learning style that is able to adapt to changing technology.
- Demonstrate and use fundamental aspects of the photonics technologies.
- Demonstrate procedures and skills in laboratory processes and maintenance.
- Maintain and integrate photonics systems into manufacturing, biomedical, and research laboratory and processes.
- Demonstrate and use the fundamental aspects of electronic technologies.
- Salary information from EMSI Analyst Database
- A.A and A.S. Degree Programs: provide students a general education core in... (HLC)