Degree, Certificate or Diploma
409 Jobs (2020)
+5.6% Change from 2020-2025
Data is from the Omaha Metropolitans Area, and the seven counties in Southwest Iowa that Iowa Western serves
What will you do
This program is designed for students intending to enter the workforce upon completion of the two-year Associate of Applied Science degree. The program prepares students for careers in many industries, including manufacturing, bio-medical, food service, telecommunications, and government as technicians who assemble, program, install, maintain, and troubleshoot robotics and automated systems equipment.
- Entry: $13.19
- Average: $16.51
- Experienced: $26.01
Career Coach - find a job with this degree
ELT 215 - Motors and Controls
ELT 196 - Circuit Analysis I
IND 109 - Equipment Safety and Operation
IND 197 - Industrial Engineering Technology Orientation
MAT 743 - Technical Math
ATR 113 - Industrial Robotics
ATR 114 - Industrial Robotics Lab
ELT 250 - Programmable Logic Controllers
ELT 251 - Programmable Logic Controllers Lab
ELT 201 - Circuit Analysis II
ATR 119 - Engineering Graphics and Design
EGT 400 - PLTW - Introduction to Engineering Design
EGR 400 - PLTW - Introduction to Engineering Design
WEL 149 - Arc Welding
ATR 124 - Application Planning and Layout
ATR 133 - Fluid Power Systems
ATR 140 - Applied Robotics Lab I
ELT 252 - Advanced Programmable Logic Controllers
ELT 253 - Advanced Programmable Logic Controllers Lab
ENG 110 - Writing For The Workplace
ATR 147 - Applied Robotics Lab II
ATR 152 - Robot Controller Maintenance
MGT 195 - Workplace Empowerment
SOC 110 - Introduction to Sociology
Total Semester Hours Required 76.0
Upon the successful completion of the program students will:
- Identify and apply appropriate safety procedures.
- Apply knowledge and skills in electrical systems.
- Apply knowledge and skills in mechanical systems.
- Apply knowledge and skills in creating program code.
- Analyze and apply specific troubleshooting knowledge and technology in the areas of electrical, mechanical, software and program code.
- Apply effective communication and interpersonal skills as an individual and as a team member.