Just the Facts
Program Start Term: Fall, Spring, Summer
Program Length: 2 Years
Completed Online: Both
Completed in the Evenings: Day, Evening, Online
Pathway: Transfer Path
Career Cluster: Business and Computers
About the Program
More and more corporations today are seeking young, energetic leaders to help move them in a profitable direction. Iowa Western's Business programs give students a jumpstart on that career path.
The field of business is popular for its diversity, so you’ll make a wise choice by enrolling into Iowa Western's Business Administration program. Students who complete this program earn an Associate of Arts degree and transfer to quickly complete requirements for a bachelor’s degree at a four-year institution.
Accounting classes are conducted in a computer lab with instructors who have real-world knowledge. Local businesses provide representatives who serve on the advisory board.
This program offers both online and hybrid courses, which will pay-off as you advance toward a bachelor’s degree. Many students; however, land jobs after earning their degree from Iowa Western. This program is designed to help you be a workplace leader and motivator.
This program is designed for students intending to transfer on to a four-year institution upon completion of this two-year degree. A variety of different jobs are available to business majors with a bachelor's degree. Graduates can find jobs as accountants, marketing professionals, stock brokers, statisticians, economists, financial analysts, budget analysts, and also work in management. Upon earning a bachelor's degree, graduates may also have enough knowledge to start their own company. Salaries and employment opportunities will vary greatly, depending on area of business and type of company.
Upon the successful completion of the program students will:
- Identify the major disciplines of business.
- Demonstrate use of general accounting principles.
- Explain the use of American legal as it relates to business.
- Explain the forces of supply and demand as they relate to business and the economy.
* Because career opportunities associated with this degree are so varied, salaries vary considerably as well. To explore careers and gather specific salary information, we encourage you to visit the following website: IHaveaPlanIowa
* A.A. and A.S. Degree Programs provide students a general education core in Communications, Social Sciences, Science & Mathematics, Humanities, and Diversity. The foundation of required and elective courses prepares students for transfer into a four-year college or university bachelor's degree Program.