Just the Facts
Program Start Term: Fall, Spring, Summer
Program Length: 2 Years
Completed Online: No
Completed in the Evenings: No
Pathway: Transfer Path
Career Cluster: Communication and Fine Arts
Program Locations: Council Bluffs Campus
About the Program
The Graphic Design program of study provides students a foundation in visual design and graphic communciations. Students are introduced to traditional methods in visual arts, 2-D and 3-D design, principles of marketing, and web development. Students also learn essential skills that translate into areas of e-commerce, business, and graphic arts. This program is designed for transfer to a four-year institution. Graduates of this programs are awarded an Associate of Arts (A.A.) degree.
This program is designed for students intending to transfer to a four-year institution upon completion of this two-year program. Career opportunities in the Graphic Design field may include: Multimedia Designer, Web Designer, Logo Designer, Creative or Art Director, Photo Editor, Photoshop Artist, Layout Artist, and Brand Identity Artist.
Upon the successful completion of the program students will:
- Demonstrate leadership and teamwork skills
- Demonstrate knowledge and respect of copyright guidelines
- Demonstrate basic marketing strategies
- Demonstrate basic competence in essential graphic software
- Apply knowledge of basic principles of design, color theory, and typography to original works.