Just the Facts
Program Start Term: Fall, Spring, Summer
Program Length: 2 Years
Completed Online: No
Completed in the Evenings: No
Pathway: Transfer Path
Career Cluster: Health and Sciences
Program Locations: Council Bluffs Campus
About the Program
The Health Sciences program of study is designed for students who plan to transfer to a four-year institution to complete a bachelor’s degree in the health science field by providing a generalized plan of study for students to transfer into programs such as pre-medicine, occupational therapist, physical therapy, or pre-physician assistant. Graduates of this program are awarded an Associate of Science (A.S.) degree.
Upon the successful completion of the program students will:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the relationship of chemistry and the functions of body systems.
- Utilize scientific terminology in relationship to the human body.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the anatomical and physiological properties of the human body including cellular, tissue, organs, and systems.
* Minimum of a Bachelor's degree is necessary for employment in this area.
* Because career opportunities associated with this degree are so varied, salaries vary considerably as well. To explore careers and gather specific salary information, we encourage you to visit the following website: IHaveaPlanIowa