HVAC/R Technology Diploma
Just the Facts
Program Start Term: Fall and Spring
Program Length: 2 Semesters, 1 Summer
Completed Online: Both
Completed in the Evenings: Evening Only
Pathway: Career Path
Career Cluster: Industrial Technology and Transportation
Program Locations: Council Bluffs Campus
About the Program
The HVAC/R Technology Diploma program of study provides all of the skills necessary to gain meaningful employment as an entry-level Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning (HVAC) technician. The diploma program is designed to train students to be HVAC technicians in a real-world, hands-on environment. Students will learn to troubleshoot, install, and maintain HVAC/R systems. This program is designed to meet the related technical instruction for some DOE apprenticeship programs. Graduates of this program are awarded a diploma.
Upon the successful completion of the program students will:
- Execute mathematical processes and use of formulas necessary for design, evaluation, and installation of HVACR systems.
- Explain composition and usage of HVACR materials, equiptment, and tools required for installation and diagnostic tasks.
- Apply safety procedures and regulations related to workplace and job requirements.
- Explain the refrigeration cycle, gas laws, and properties of refrigerants required for diagnostic and systems design.
- Identify drawings, technical diagrams, and specification charts required for installation and repair of HVACR systems.
- Explain theories and processes for evaluating and installing electrical systems and controls.
- Demonstrate procedures for installing, inspecting, testing, repairing, and maintaining HVACR systems.
- Identify procedures for following government regulations regarding the conservation, recovery, and recycling of refrigerants.
* Salary information from EMSI Analyst Database.