Industrial Maintenance Technician
Just the Facts
Program Start Term: Fall and Spring
Program Length: 2 Semesters
Completed Online: Both
Completed in the Evenings: Day
Pathway: Career Path
Career Cluster: Industrial Technology and Transportation
Program Locations: Council Bluffs Campus
About the Program
The Industrial Maintenance Technician program of study provides basic skills in welding, print reading, pneumatics and hydraulics, blue print reading, lean manufacturing, and predictive and preventative maintenance. Students utilize hands-on training to install, maintain, and troubleshoot the equipment utilized by today's industries. Graduates of this program are awarded a diploma.
Upon the successful completion of the program students will:
- Follow safety practices and procedures for all tools and equipment with proper use of PPE.
- Describe types of work and workplace environments available and techniques needed to succeed within professional career fields.
- Build, analyze, and troubleshoot electrical circuits.
- Install, wire, program, and troubleshoot based PLCs and associated equipment.
- Demonstrate basic knowledge in Welding.
- Compare, analyze and apply problem solving techniques with various power transmission systems.
- Interpret prints, layout and safely operate variety of manual machines.
* Salary information from EMSI Analyst Database.