Just the Facts
Program Start Term: Fall, Spring, Summer
Program Length: 2 Years
Completed Online: Both
Completed in the Evenings: Day & Online
Pathway: Career Path
Career Cluster: Business and Computers
About the Program
If you want a job that offers a variety of duties and increasing opportunities for advancement, consider a career in marketing. You can start by enrolling in Iowa Western’s Sales Marketing program.
In this program, you'll acquire the foundation for a career in marketing or sales by studying marketing and advertising, retail techniques and procedures, the sales process, how to manage a business, the buying and distribution of goods, and promotional techniques.
As an Iowa Western graduate, you'll be qualified to work in the marketing field for manufacturers, advertising agencies, stores, newspapers, radio and television stations, and other firms concerned with sales and the distribution of goods and services. You'll further develop your management potential through extensive internships.
This program is designed for students intending to enter the workforce upon completion of this two-year degree. This program will prepare you for employment in the marketing field for manufacturers, advertising agencies, stores, newspapers, radio and television stations, and other firms concerned with sales and the distribution of goods and services.
For related career information click here: IHaveaPlanIowa
Upon the successful completion of the program students will:
- Apply marketing and management principles and procedures.
- Analyze the impact of marketing and management activities on the individual, business and society.
- Analyze the elements of the marketing mix, their interrelationships and how they are used in the marketing process.
- Recognize the customer-oriented nature of marketing and behaviors of consumers.
- Apply knowledge and skills to real-world experiences.
- Analyze retail operations and merchandising.
- Communicate and develop marketing concepts and analytical results.
- Analyze the global and electronic business environments.
* Salary information from EMSI Analyst Database.