Just the Facts
Program Start Term: Fall, Spring, Summer
Program Length: 2 Years
Completed Online: Both
Completed in the Evenings: Day & Online
Pathway: Transfer Path
Career Cluster: Business and Computers
About the Program
Get started in an exciting marketing career by enrolling in Iowa Western's Marketing Management program before transferring to a four-year institution to earn a bachelor’s degree or higher.
Marketing managers are responsible for selling and promoting a company's products or services. It is their responsibility to develop a detailed marketing strategy for the company and to help implement the strategy. Marketing managers often work closely with other staff members to determine the demand for new products and services, develop pricing strategies, oversee product development, and help decide how a product should be advertised to its target market.
At Iowa Western, you will learn the foundation of marketing and business principles, including advertising, selling, economics, and management. With small class sizes, you will benefit from one-on-one interaction with instructors.
This program is designed for students who intend to transfer to a four-year institution upon completion of this two-year program as well as for those who want to enter the workforce immediately after graduation. Marketing managers are responsible for selling and promoting a company’s products or services. Graduates with a bachelor’s degree or higher may find opportunities for employment in marketing, professional sales positions, entry-level management, and many other entry-level positions. Job openings are expected to be above average.
Upon the successful completion of the program students will:
- Apply marketing and management principles and procedures.
- Analyze the impact of marketing and management activities on the individual, business and society.
- Analyze the elements of the marketing mix, their interrelationships and how they are used in the marketing process.
- Recognize the customer-oriented nature of marketing and behaviors of consumers.
* Because career opportunities associated with this degree are so varied, salaries vary considerably as well. To explore careers and gather specific salary information, we encourage you to visit the following website: IHaveaPlanIowa
* A.A. and A.S. Degree Programs provide students a general education core in Communications, Social Sciences, Science & Mathematics, Humanities, and Diversity. The foundation of required and elective courses prepares students for transfer into a four-year college or university bachelor's degree Program.