Just the Facts
Program Start Term: Fall Only
Program Length: 2 Years
Completed Online: Both
Completed in the Evenings: Day
Pathway: Career Path
Career Cluster: Communication and Fine Arts
Program Locations: Council Bluffs Campus
About the Program
Students working toward an Audio Engineering Associate of Applied Science degree typically intend to go right into the workplace upon completion of this two-year degree, although some individual courses may transfer to a four-year institution. Students in this program will learn about all aspects of music production, including the fundamentals of analog and digital audio and span live music reinforcement, digital audio recording, critique and analysis of recorded music, and the mixing and mastering process.
This program is designed for students intending to enter the workforce upon completion of the two-year Associate of Applied Science degree. Graduates are prepared for careers as live audio engineers, and ready to own and operate their own studio as recording and mixing engineers, assist with their own musical groups by recording rehearsals and performances, or apply their skills to post-production by understanding audio for other media such as video, video games, and the web.
Upon the successful completion of the program students will:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the technical process of audio production in both live performance and recording studio environments.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the aesthetic considerations of audio production in both live performance and recording studio environments.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of the process of owning and operating a new business.
- Utilize appropriate methods for demonstrating examples of completed work.
- Use professional judgment and ethics in the student's interactions with colleagues, other members of the musical community, and community as a whole.
* Salary information from EMSI Analyst Database.