Degree, Certificate or Diploma
What will you do
This program is primarily designed to enhance the careers of presently-employed firefighters, as well as safety specialists, volunteer firefighters, and building inspectors. By earning this degree, you can increase your expertise, credibility, and opportunities for career advancement. The credits you earn in this program may be transferred to a four-year institution where you can pursue a bachelor’s degree in a related field.
Career Coach - find a job with this degree
ENG 105 - Composition I
ENG 106 - Composition II
SPC 112 - Public Speaking
Total Semester Hours Required: 64.0
Upon the successful completion of the program students will:
- Identify the fundamentals of fire protection.
- Identify the role local, state and national codes play in fire protection.
- Evaluate the needs and importance of various fire protection equipment.
- Recognize procedures utilized in fire investigation.
- Assess the role of the construction industry and construction methods in fire protection technology.
- Because career opportunities associated with this degree are so varied, salaries vary considerably as well. To explore careers and gather specific salary information, we encourage you to visit the following website: IHaveaPlanIowa