Pottawattamie Promise is a unique collaboration, led by Iowa West Foundation, in partnership with Peter Kiewit Foundation and Iowa Western Community College. The participating school districts include two urban school districts (Council Bluffs Community Schools and Lewis Central Community Schools) and three rural school districts (Riverside, AHSTW, and Tri-Center).
Pottawattamie Promise is based on the belief that students who receive both education and wraparound support services can and will go on to earn competitive wages in fulfilling careers and contribute to their communities. Put simply, the program allows more local students the opportunity to earn the credentials they need to acquire well-paid jobs upon graduation.
Students must meet the following criteria at the application deadline, which occurs in the spring of their sophomore year.
- Max EFC of 15,000
- 2.0 or higher cumulative HS GPA
- On-track to graduate
- On-track to take a college-level math course their senior year
- Preference is given to students who meet the following criteria:
- Need support services to complete postsecondary education
- First-generation college students
- Good attendance in high school
- Must be enrolled at Council Bluffs Community School District, Riverside Community School District, Lewis Central Community School District, AHSTW Community School District, and Tri-Center Community School District through high school graduation
Questions? Contact your school representative below.
AHSTW Community School District
Lewis Central Community School District
Riverside Community School District
Tri-Center Community School District
Council Bluffs Community School District