What is Iowa Western’s Intermediary Network?
IWCC’s Intermediary Network is a work-based learning program designed to improve the skills of Iowa’s future workforce by connecting high school students and educators to local careers, through relevant, work-based learning experiences. The Intermediary Network works with employers to coordinate classroom speakers, worksite tours, job shadows, career exploration activities, and professional development for high school students and educators in Southwest Iowa. These hands-on opportunities are designed to help students better understand how to align their career goals with their post-secondary decisions.
What can the Intermediary Network do for you?
Iowa Western’s Intermediary Network provides a variety of opportunities for students and educators:
- Classroom Speakers
- Worksite Tours
- Job Shadows
- Career Exploration Activities
- Educator Tours & Educator-in-the-Workplace
What are the Benefits?
Whether you’re a student, an educator, or a business professional, the benefits are endless!
- Classroom curriculum will be enhanced by showing real-world applications
- Students connect education to their future in the workforce leading to more success in the classroom
- Local businesses influence potential employees in the hopes of keeping our best and brightest!