Requirements Before Starting
- Copy of Certificate of Completion of a 75 hour Certified Nurse Aide
- Not a CNA? Become One in 11 Days!! More Information
- Currently on the Nurse Aide Registry
- Six Months Experience as a CNA
- Written recommendation from a nursing director or administrator
- Mail or Bring in Documentation to Iowa Western Community College’s Continuing Education DepartmentIowa Western – Looft Hall
Contact Us for More Information on Upcoming Classes and Pricing
- email@example.com or 712-325-3256
About the Program
This 65-hour course is designed to prepare persons who are working as Nurse Aides with the knowledge and skills to safely and effectively provide rehabilitative/restorative therapies under the direction of a physical therapist or occupational therapist. The Certified Nurse Aide course is a prerequisite to this course because the information and skills being taught are based on the basic skills acquired when providing nurse aide services.
- Conceptualize rehabilitation of elderly residents/patients
- Normal basic anatomy and physiology of body systems and the interrelationship of these systems
- Importance of range of motion and how to perform ROM when caring for the elderly
- Correct body mechanics, transfer methods and body positioning
- Resident/patient basic self-care under the direction of a physical therapist or occupational therapist
- Various types of equipment and functions available for rehabilitation care
- Assessment process used by licensed PT/OTR in developing a rehabilitation plan
- Exams: Students must have an 80% average to successfully complete the Rehab Aide Course. There are no re-takes of any exams in this course. All course homework must be completed.
- Attendance: 100% Attendance is mandatory. Weather related delays or closings will be handled on a case-by-case basis.
- Homework: Assignments must be completed satisfactorily prior to receiving the certificate.
- Class Participation: Active participation is expected and used to evaluate successful completion of this course.
Refunds: You may cancel your registration 5 business days prior to the start of the class date and receive a 100% refund excluding the $50 non-refundable processing fee. If contacting outside Iowa Western Community College’s Continuing Education Department business hours, leave a voicemail and or send the department an email. Iowa Western’s Continuing Education is not responsible for refunds if contact is not pursued via voicemail and or email. In compliance with the IWCC policy, refunds will only be produced in the form of a check. A check will be issued within 14 business days after the refund is admitted to the customer. Refund will be sent to the customer’s address that is on file. Certain program restrictions may apply. Contact Continuing Education for more details at firstname.lastname@example.org. Cancellations: Iowa Western reserves the right to cancel any class where difficulties arise in staffing or scheduling or where a minimum enrollment is not achieved. A full refund will be issued for all canceled classes. Transfers/Withdrawals: Transfers may be subject to $25.00 transfer fee. Non-attendance for a class does not constitute a withdrawal and refunds are not issued for non-attendance. Transfers may be made up to two full business days (unless otherwise noted in the class information) prior to the start date of the class. After that time, transfers will not be permitted and no refund will be issued.