Welding for Beginners
About the Program
- Increase your employability!
- Hands-on learning in the areas of Stick, MIG, and Safety Welding
- Learn essential Math and Blueprint reading skills
- By the end of the class you will take an AWS D.1.1 qualification test on 3/8″ plate
- Qualification test is covered by IWCC
- Protective gear is provided but jeans without hole or frays, a long sleeve shirt AND work boots (no tennis shoes) are REQUIRED
Welding Certificate or Individual Welding Classes
What You Need to Know
FALL AND SPRING | Classes Run August – December and January – May
- Take College Credit Courses Without the Hassle of Applying to the College
- Traditional Classes Without the Traditional Hours
- You Can Choose Between Individual Courses OR Complete the Whole Construction Technology Certificate
About the Program
The Welding Certificate program prepares students to enter into the industry as beginning production, maintenance, or job shop welders. Students are trained in the latest techniques in fabrication of materials by welding processes. The Welding Certificate is designed to teach fundamental techniques and principles. The pathway also provides for an overview of related topics, such as metallurgy and fabrication, layout, estimating and repair.
- Arc Welding
- Gas Metal Arc Welding
- Gas Tungsten Arc Welding
- Introduction to Welding Safety
- Oxy-Acetylene Arc Welding
- Blue Print Reading for Welding
Refunds: You may cancel your registration 24 business hours prior to the start of most classes and receive a 100% refund. If contacting outside Iowa Western Community College’s Continuing Education Department business hours, leave a voicemail and or send the department an email. Iowa Western’s Continuing Education is not responsible for refunds if contact is not pursued via voicemail and or email. In compliance with the IWCC policy, refunds will only be produced in the form of a check. A check will be issued within 14 business days after refund is admitted to customer. Refund will be sent to customer address that is labeled on file. Certain program restrictions may apply. Contact Continuing Education for details at firstname.lastname@example.org. Cancellations: Iowa Western reserves the right to cancel any class where difficulties arise in staffing or scheduling or where a minimum enrollment is not achieved. A full refund will be issued for all canceled classes. Transfers/Withdrawals: Transfers may be subject to $25.00 transfer fee. Non-attendance for a class does not constitute a withdrawal and refunds are not issued for non-attendance. Transfers may be made up to two full business days (unless otherwise noted in the class information) prior to the start date of the class. After that time, transfers will not be permitted and no refund will be issued.